Supplementary Post: The Disney Netflix


While doing my general Disney news research, I found an interesting article about Disney's new "Netflix" streaming service.

When I first heard the news about Disney taking its movies off of Netflix and shifting to their own site, I was extremely disappointed.  Of course, I understand their logic: they can make a lot more money this way and a ton of people are going to follow Disney films from Netflix to the new site (as much as I oppose the principal, I will undoubtably be one of them).

But this article didn't just talk about the site—it hinted at some new movies/TV series that may be featured on the site.  Primarily, it discussed a Stars Wars TV series, a Monsters, Inc. TV series, and a refresher on the High School Musical franchise.

I never really got into Star Wars (frankly, I think the franchise just needs to be done, but I doubt that will happen as long as Disney can continue making money off of it), but High School Musical?  I've been hoping for a sequel since my childhood days of watching the movies over and over and singing all the songs on the CD.

My eyes will stay peeled for future updates and my fingers are going to be crossed for that HSM remake.  In the meantime, I'll watch all the Disney on Netflix while I can.


Comments

Popular Posts